<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thefairytalenerd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Fairytale Nerd: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Cover Inspection:
Fae. Pink. Love. 
SUMMARY (book description based on GoodReads):
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.



LOCATION/SETTING:
After Ash and Meghan were banished by their own courts, they had nowhere to go. So, they lingered in the mortal world. They talked about what would become of them; Meghan planned to continue schooling, while Ash just planned to be with Meghan. And then of course, the Iron Fey strikes again! Change of plans... and the story begins.

BOOK REPORT CARD:
Cover
4.0
Plot
4.0
Writing
3.5
Characters
4.0
Ending
4.0
Overall Rating
4.0
Excellent
(97% to 100%)

* highest rating possible is 4.0

MAIN CHARACTERS:
The story of Meghan continues. Here, she is on her way to becoming what she is destined to be. At first, she was completely reluctant, but then she often dreams of Machina saying that she has this power and she's the only one who can restore peace in the Nevernever. Yep! Ash and Meghan are together in this book. No more prince in denial, just plain old knight in shining armor. Readers will get to know Ash's lighter side, and would probably fall in love with him deeper than they are already are. As with the rest of the gang, Puck and Grim are also present aiding Meghan in her quest to say Faery.

WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT:
The story is about Meghan's journey on to becoming the Iron Queen. Like all of Julie Kagawa's books, The Iron Queen is filled with adventure, humor, and the oh so sweet romance. ** spoilers ** I swear, I just love the part where Ash became Meghan's knight!!! I could feel my blush creeping up my cheeks! ** spoilers end ** The Iron Realm is slowly eating up the Nevernever. It's just too bad Meghan is the only one who can enter the Iron Realm without getting sick, and who had actually killed the Iron King. She was asked by the Faery Courts to save Faery since she is the only one who can. But Meghan was also struggling internally. Meghan just couldn't accept that she has the powers of the Iron King within her, despite Machina's insistence. In addition, she could not use her summer magic (or iron magic, for that matter) without getting sick. So she has to overcome those obstacle, along with a dozen others in order to save the Nevernever. She did succeed, but with a price.

LOVE:
** spoilers ** I love the part where Ash became Meghan's knight. Amazingly romantic. I was swooning the entire time. ** end spoilers **

NO LOVE:
** MAJOR SPOILERS ** I didn't like the fact that the book ended that way for Meghan and Ash. This is supposed to be a fairytale! I need my Happily ever after!!! But still, Meghan did the right thing, after all the Iron Realm would kill Ash. Ah! Love.... ** end spoilers **

FAVORITE CHARACTER:
RAZOR!!! I love how even the gremlins, those little ones, those whom we consider insignificant, can actually be the reason for Meghan's victory against the False King.

FAVORITE LINE:
"I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase," he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. "And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise."
MUSINGS:
Just buy the book, and start reading now. The book is actually a New York Times BestSeller, as it should be. I am completely in love with this series, to the point of obsession I would say. The book is perfect in every way. It has everything! I remember when I was reading the book for the first time, I was reading it oh-so-slowly, I just didn't want it to end!!!

DOODLES:
Read Summer's Crossing before the Iron Knight comes out in November 2011. Get it here.

AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:
Julie Kagawa

SIMILAR READS:
Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
Wondrous Strange by Leslie Livingston

CONTENT REVIEW:
profanity: mild
violence: moderate
sexual content: mild to moderate
mature themes: mild
age recommendation: 13+

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 30, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Blogger JM said...

I read the book because of your recommendation. I like it. :)

Thank you!

 
At July 30, 2011 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

@JM

You're welcome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home