<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thefairytalenerd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Fairytale Nerd: My Book Boyfriend #1: Prince Ash

Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Book Boyfriend #1: Prince Ash

A weekly meme, hosted by The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!

Okay, this is really awkward knowing that my real boyfriend reads all my posts. : P You know who you are, and it will always be you.

Anyway, for the first ever My Book Boyfriend post, I would like you all to meet
Ashallyn’darkmyr Tallyn
a.k.a Prince Ash from The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
third son of the Unseelie Court
(Okay... I'm swOOOOOning here! swOOOOOning!)

The Iron Fey series are my favorite books to the nth level. And half of the reasons why is because of this guy. What can I say, I am fictionally in love with him. And after I've read the Iron Knight (ARC), all I can say is that it has become an unhealthy obsession.

I think Julie Kagawa, the creator of this fantasy of mine, pictured Ben Barnes as Ash. I completely agree that he is handsome. (Ben Barnes has been the sole reason for me to see the Narnia movies.) But he's a little old in my humble opinion. To me, Ash should look timeless, ageless, and forever young.

Facts about Ash:
- Third son of Queen Mab, thus making him one of the three cold and deadly princes of the Unseelie Court
- A hunter, spends most of his time in the Wyldwood instead of at Court (according to Grimalkin)
- Young, pale, and strikingly handsome; tall and lean, garbed in silver and black (according to Meghan)
- Black hair, silver eyes
- His weapon is this ice sword, plus he can freeze testicles and throw icicles and stuff
- A thousand years old, give or take
- Broody and sullen
- Used to be best friends with Robin Goodfellow, now mortal enemies, but sometimes they're best friends again; "It's complicated"
- Hopelessly devoted to Meghan Chase *swOOOOOn*

Some of my favorite lines/scenes:

“No one touches her,” Ash said, his voice coated with frost. “Touch her, and I’ll freeze your testicles and put them in a jar. Understand?”
I licked my lips and whispered, “Is this where you say you’ll kill me?”
One corner of his lip curled. “If you like,” he murmured, a flicker of amusement finally crossing his face. “Though it’s gotten far too interesting for that.”


“My name is Ashallyn’darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court.” Though his voice was soft, it never wavered, and I felt breathless at hearing his full name. His True Name. “Let it be known—from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on…” His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. “I am yours.”


He looked at me, and that faint, familiar smile crossed his lips. “I have to be on top of my game if I’m going to kill things for you, right?”


“Ah.” Ash brushed my cheek with the back of his hand, catching a loose strand of hair between his fingers. “I’ve seen thousands of mortal girls,” he said softly, “more than you could ever count, from all corners of your world. To me, they’re all the same.” His finger slid below my chin, tilting my head up. “They see only this outer shell, not who I really am, beneath. You have. You’ve seen me without the glamour and the illusions, even the ones I show my family, the farce I maintain just to survive. You’ve seen who I really am, and yet, you’re still here.” He brushed his thumb over my skin, leaving a trail of icy heat. “You’re here, and the only dance I want is this one.”

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 7, 2011 at 9:48 PM , Anonymous Johanna said...

Woah. A girl after my own heart. My heart=Ash. And I'm swooning crazy at the pictures! I bet I'll be dreaming of this. And thank you in advance,girl!You described Ash perfectly and regards to the boyfriend who "reads all your posts".

 
At August 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

@Johanna

Sweet dreams to you! :)

 
At August 7, 2011 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Perfect, perfect Ash! I love him so much. I especially love those pictures you found of Megan and Ash together!

Awesome post! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home