<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thefairytalenerd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Fairytale Nerd: My Book Boyfriend #3: Daniel Field

Monday, August 15, 2011

My Book Boyfriend #3: Daniel Field

A weekly meme, hosted by The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!

It's time for MBB! This has become my favorite post of the week. haha! It's really so much fun "researching" for hot guys! Thank you so much for this wonderful meme Missie!

For this week, my book boyfriend is...

Daniel Field
from the recently released book
by Lynn Seresin

First, a little back ground on the book:

Alice was a sylphid—a winged air spirit—when she spotted Daniel Field camping in the Adirondacks and lost her heart to the handsome NYU student. Intangible to the human senses, her only hope of winning his heart resides in becoming mortal, even though transmutation is forbidden by Paralda, ruler of the air. Risking punishment, however, seems a small price to pay for a chance at true happiness. (from GoodReads)

The first time Alice saw him, she fell in love. 

And so did I.
I remember thinking his hair was the color of dark autumn leaves, tinged with gold where the light touched it. And his lips, full and delicately shaped, matched the color of the rosy sky at dawn. But it was his eyes that held me. At first, I couldn’t make out their color; he was squinting against the sunlight. But as he became accustomed to the brightness, I saw them clearly, green as lake water, fringed with long lashes a shade or two darker than his hair.
I don't usually "fantasize" about normal/ordinary human boys, I prefer supernatural ones! But I have to say Daniel would be an exception! He's one of those guys who can be sweet and hottttt at the same time, and I can't help falling in love with him.

Facts about Daniel:
- Daniel is a twenty year old NYU student.
- He plays the guitar, and he serenaded Alice. Who wouldn't fall in love with that? I'd propose to him, and ask him to play the guitar for me all our lives!
- He'll write a song for you!
- He's sweet, protective, and a good listener.
- He'll cook for you!
- He has a piggy collection, which shows his sensitive, sentimental side.
- He gazes at Alice like she is the only girl in the world.
- He can drink from a water bottle WITHOUT TAKING HIS EYES OFF YOU.


My favorite scenes:


I took a careful sip of water, grateful for its coolness. Daniel moved a step closter and tilted his head back to drink, his eyes never leaving me. Finally, he lowered the bottle and blotted his lips on the cuff of his flannel shirt, still gazing at me. This was a side of Daniel I had never seen before--not overtly flirtatious, but attentive to every nuance of expression on my face. As though he was finally giving himself permission to focus fully on me.

"So, an interview," he mused, sitting beside me on the bed. His thigh brushed up against mine and my pulse quickened. "That's exciting."

"Yes, it is. I'm afraid I'm a little nervious," I confessed, trying to appear nonchalent as I admired the long line of his denim-clad leg.

"Well, don't be. You'll do fine." He was so close I could hear him breathe. He took another sip of water and I did the same, more out of a need to distract myself from the effect his proximity was having on me. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye and watched his throat move as he swallowed. My eyes had begun traveling down the length of his chest when I realized he was studying me again. I gulped and almost choked.

"Are you okay?" He rested his hand on my thigh, which only caused me to gasp and sputter all the more.

I nodded vigorously, finally managing to squeak out, "Yes, I fine."

I pressed my hand to my chest, as much to steady my heartbeat as my breathing. Daniel continued to gaze at me, his eyes drawn to my lips when I smiled. "I guess I just swallowed a little too fast," I explained, weakly.

 "Can I take these off now?" His voice was like warm syrup, sweet and thick with desire.

My sweet, sweet Daniel! If Alice dumps you, can you be mine? haha!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Sarah (Escaping Through Books) said...

I've never heard of this book, but now I want to read it because Daniel sounds like someone I'd love to "meet"!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Oh, I love Kevin Zegers. Sounds like he would be a perfect choice for Daniel. And any guy who would write me a song would be my personal hero.

Great quotes.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 5:21 AM , Blogger Lesley said...

He writes songs and cooks. Sounds good to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home