<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thefairytalenerd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Fairytale Nerd: That Tuesday Thingy #12: A Teaser from Through To You by Emily Hainsworth + Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

That Tuesday Thingy #12: A Teaser from Through To You by Emily Hainsworth + Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books


Teaser Tuesday:

Teasers from the book I am reading.
hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading


Through To You (ARC)
“Cam, I’ve missed you . . .”
Viv?
My skin tingles when we touch; I can tell she feels it too. It has to be her . . . isn’t it? I don’t want to open my eyes. I want to lay my lips on the soft skin beneath her wrist, trace up her arm to her mouth and melt into a never-ending kiss.
But she pulls me forward.
“Come back,” she whispers.
I open my eyes and she isn’t Viv.
The teaser comes from an advance copy. Changes may be made prior to publication.

Top Ten Tuesday:

hosted by The Broke & The Bookish

Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books 

One. Cayla Kluver's Legacy
I recently read Cayla's books, and I have to say that I am very impressed with the details she put into the story. Those details made the book more intricate and interesting.

Two. Julie Kagawa's The Iron Fey Series
I just love the world Julie created in all of her books. The Nevernever remains to be one of my favorites. I especially loved the way she described the Winter Court - cold and terrifying.

Three. Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices
I really don't think an explanation is necessary for this one. Cassandra Clare's Shandowhunter world is filled with action and romance that I just cannot get enough of!

Four. Lisa T. Bergren's River of Time
Who wouldn't love a time travel romance that is set in medieval Italy?

Five. Colleen Houck's Tiger's Curse
The details that Colleen put into her stories are amazing. The world created was filled with goddesses and mythical creatures. Plus, her books are all set in exotic places which adds an air of intrigue and mystery.

Six. Juliet Marillier's Wildwood Dancing
Her books are fantasy at its finest.

Seven. Lauren deStefano's Wither
Although I didn't really like Wither as much as I wanted to, I am impressed with the world that the author has created. The dystopian world in Wither is perfectly disturbing.

Eight. Beth Revis' Across The Universe
The story is set in a spaceship. Plus the twists and turns of the story is just brilliant!

Nine. Anastasia Hopcus' Shadow Hills
I loved the eerie, creepy feeling that I got when I read Shadow Hills. I guess, the creepy factor may be likened to the movie The Covenant.

Ten. Amy Plum's Die for Me
Paris! Need I say more?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home