<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thefairytalenerd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Fairytale Nerd: The Sunday Story #4

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Sunday Story #4


Mailbox:

The books I got this week.
Still looking for a substitute for the In My Mailbox meme. After searching far and wide, I found: Mailbox Monday hosted by Mari at Mari Reads, Sunday Post hosted by Kimba at Kimba The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, and Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.



Pushing the LimitsCircle of Silence (WiHi, #2)OtherkinElemental (Elemental Trilogy, #1)

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (ARC)
Circle of Silence (WiHi #2) by Carol M. Tanzman (ARC)
Otherkin (Otherkin #1) by Nina Berry (ARC)
Elemental (Elemental Trilogy #1) by Emily White (ARC)

Pushing The Limits looks so good, doesn't it? I'm really not into contemporary romances, but this one looks really interesting, so I requested for it. Or maybe it's the book cover. LOL.

I am also intrigued by Otherkin. There's a tiger on cover, and I just love the idea of tigers. Once upon a time, I got obsessed by Collen Houck's Tiger's Curse. I got addicted to it. So, I'm hoping to get addicted to this one too.

Thank you HarlequinTEEN, K Teen, and Spencer Hill Press for the wonderful advance copies.

I also got some swag this week...


and an Elemental temporary tattoo.

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

The book/s I have read the past week, and the book/s I plan to read throughout the week.
hosted by Shiela at Book Journey

Despite my rigid study schedule, I managed to finish Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready, Witch's Brew by Heidi Kling, and The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas this week.

Shine was fantastic! Aura and Zachary's relationship fully matured in this last installment. They were so sweet to each other, I sighed a lot of times. However, Logan was not in the book. This was the only thing that I didn't like about it. I miss Logan. LOL.

On to Witch's Brew. I really don't know what to say about this book. It had a good start - amazing protagonist, very interesting plot, and fantastic writing. And a HOT love interest. BUT! This book has one of the meanest cliffhangers EVER. The Yoda of cliffhangers. The ending came out of nowhere. I was frustrated. There was no resolution whatsoever. I felt cheated, actually.

And then I read the novella by Sarah J. Maas. Now this is exactly my kind of book! Full of action and peppered with snarky comments by an arrogant main character.

I am still not finished with Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I read Divergent forever ago. It's hard to get into a book when you have already forgotten the plot and most of the characters. So I might set this aside FOR NOW. But I will definitely re-read Divergent, so I can get back to this book.

So anyway, this week I plan to read Otherkin by Nina Berry. And maybe Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry.

Recent book reviews

Current giveaway on the blog

Featured Post

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home